Beneficiaries of the project
The main beneficiaries of the project are the following:
- Refugees (Asylum seekers or applicants for international protection or unaccompanied minors).
- Immigrants (with a residence permit).
- Roma (living in the urban fabric and not in camps).
- Repatriates with Greek citizenship.
- People with linguistic or cultural particularities.
- People without elementary education, unable to read or write.
- Members of Single-Parent families.
- Combination of the above populations, which are not visible in the local community, but are characterized by additional or distinct social characteristics such as a combination of poverty or extreme poverty, low educational level of parents and adult members, lack of insurance and occasional occupation in various precarious jobs, early school leaving, delinquency of family members, avoidance or difficulty of access to the labor market, low level of socialization and, finally, intergenerational spread of discrimination and marginalization.
- Families and their members (with emphasis on children, adolescents and young people) belonging to vulnerable groups with the above characteristics.
- Women who have been abused.
In addition, it should be emphasized that the training and socializing of the above groups, combined with the awareness growth of the community and the joint initiatives for dealing with discrimination, leads to more beneficiaries:
- Local bodies, organizations and professionals of the Municipality.
- Social and professional public and private institutions.
- The wider community of the Municipality.
- The population of the wider area of Western Athens.
In one sentence: we all win!